Entry point for injection mold
In Rdiplastics we carry out the design engineering of the injection molds paying special attention to the inputs in the molds that are the initial points from which the material is distributed.
It is the initial point of distribution of thermoplastic material in the geometry of the piece, and is in many cases so important that it can mark the qualities of piece. There are many ways to make the entries in the material molds, but it can cause significant increases in the cost of molds.For this reason, it is very important to know the client’s needs in order to be able to give a price adjusted to their needs.
TYPES OF TICKETS IN MATERIAL MOLDS
- Direct entry: it is the most common for pieces where the small mark that leaves when sectioning the piece of laundry is not important neither aesthetically nor functionally. Well-known example of a plastic grill with assembly kit parts attached to it.
- Submarine entry: used in walls perpendicular to the direction of opening the mold, for cases in which you want to avoid that the piece is attached to the cast, but with the improvement of avoiding marks that give functional problems.
- Horn entry: similar to the submarine but with the particularity that is performed on surfaces parallel to the direction of opening of the mold that are out of sight of the user of the product. Its cost is reasonable for short series.
- Capillary entry: by means of a system of movements of plates in the mold we get injected in a mold with several equal pieces, an entry practically inappreciable to the naked eye, generating a waste cast that later is reused through the mediation of crushing mills. Its cost is considerable and is designed for high production molds, such as cosmetic caps, beverages …
- Hot nozzle: they are used when you want to disguise the entry of material and you want to avoid the waste of casting material in the piece. They allow us to present very well finished products but their cost considerably increases the cost of mold. So it is not advisable in short series with the exception of products that is inevitable.
- CHot chamber: practically works the same as the capillary inlet, but with the advantage that avoids the reject casting material and prevents a post-processing of the material and therefore an extra cost. It is the evolution of the capillary intake. Its cost can be equal to the cost of manufacturing the mold.
Consult us all your needs
OTHER ELEMENTS FOR THE MANUFACTURE OF INJECTION MOLDS